|Home | Site Index | Heithinn Idea Contest ||
Extended Edition DVD Box Set
Directed By Peter Jackson
As with the extended version box set of the Fellowship of the Ring, this box set is packed with extra features that will keep you occupied for many hours. This box set is definitely a must have.
Included on the 4 disk DVD set are:
DISCS 1-2: The Feature:
- A new version of the second installment includes 43 minutes of never-before-seen footage incorporated into the film. (approx. 223 minutes)
- Seperate commentary tracks by writer-director Peter Jackson and writers Fran Walsh and Philippa Boyens, the design team, the production/post-production team and by 16 cast members, including Elijah Wood, Sean Astin, Andy Serkis, John Rhys-Davies, Orlando Bloom, Christopher Lee, Bernard Hill, and Miranda Otto.
DISCS 3-4: The Appendices:
Two discs with hours of original content including multiple documentaries and design/photo galleries with thousands of images to give viewers an in-depth behind-the-scenes look at The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
- Adapting the book into a screenplay & planning the film
- Designing and inspiration for locations in Middle-earth
- Storyboards to pre-visualization
- Weta Workshop visit: See sculptors in action as they create weapons, armor, creatures, and miniatures from the film
- Atlas of Middle-earth tracing the journey of the Fellowship
- An interactive map of New Zealand highlighting the location scouting process
- Galleries of art and slideshows with commentaries by the artists
- Sending the actors into battle: sword fighting
- Principal photography: Stories from the set
- Digital effects including motion capture and the computer program to create the armies of Orcs
- Bigatures: a close-up look at the miniatures
- Galleries of behind-the-scenes photographs and personal cast photos
- Post-Production: editing it all together
Sound design demonstration
DVD-ROM Content: Includes access to exclusive online features
© 2004-2007 Northvegr.
Most of the material on this site is in the public domain. However, many people have worked very hard to bring these texts to you so if you do use the work, we would appreciate it if you could give credit to both the Northvegr site and to the individuals who worked to bring you these texts. A small number of texts are copyrighted and cannot be used without the author's permission. Any text that is copyrighted will have a clear notation of such on the main index page for that text. Inquiries can be sent to email@example.com. Northvegr™ and the Northvegr symbol are trademarks and service marks of the Northvegr Foundation.